More Choo Choo


The major difference between a BNZ and BPC T5 2.5 is a bigger turbo and associated map.
Well I went and got a bigger turbo so lets see what is needed for more Choo Choo!
Unfortunately I never fitted this mod but here are the performance mods I scraped together anyway.

Shopping list

Before you go modding the crap out of your van it is always good to get an idea of what you actually want to achieve. I wanted a sensible tune on my already plenty powerful engine and to help find extra affordable ponies along the way.
As a turbo swap brings in a retune I wanted to change all of the bits I planned to do in one go to save multiple trips to the dyno. As such my shopping list pre-build was as follows:
  1. GTB 1752 V Turbo from a BPC engined T5.
  2. Bigger intercooler.
  3. associated hoses.
  4. EGR delete pipe.
  5. Boost gague.
  6. Stainless exhaust.
The turbo came first as a lucky eBay win for £149 from a private breaker down the road. I could have got something bigger but my expertise are limited so went for a more modest mod for my first turbo upgrade. The factory turbo should be a straight bolt on leaving the most complicated work being done by the tuners.
The rest trickled in as and when I got round to them or ideas came to mind leaving me to prep my new toys for the big build.

Prep

Turbo

the turbo looked fairly healthy as it was from a low mile van that had been prematurely ended by excessive contact with immovable objects at speed.
A clean up with some degreaser and carb cleaner got it looking pretty fresh, the turbine had very little wobble in it and span freely.

A boost gauge was also purchased as well as an egr delete but this is as far as i got with this mod as I knew I would need to do them all together to get it done with just one dyno tune. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Rails

button podging

Not so remote central locking