Fog lights

I live in Lincolnshire and one thing Lincolnshire does well is fog. 

Time for some fog lights.

I was bought the LED fog light kit from Travelinlite10 for a nice combined birthday/ Xmas gift (cheers mum).
The kit comes with everything you need as well as some helpful instructions complete with pictures to reduce your chance of crapping it up.

The only real variation from the image on the right was that the replacement switch has a painted silver knob which looks loads better than the original all back one pictured and the chrome plated metal one I have.

The fit was fairly straight forward as you are just following instructions so I won't go into pointless detail.

One of the only deviations from this instruction was that I took a bit more time on the drilling clean up. Also I didn't have a 12mm drill bit so that was bastardised with a 10mm. I should have checked before starting....

It doesn't mention it on the instructions but it is always a good idea to debur and paint the bare metal after drilling.

as the suspension access panel isn't really on show I just touched the area up with some gloss black spray paint I had in the garage. this will stop things from rusting over time.

Unlike me, make sure you pass the wires through the bulkhead and into the  grommet (the right way round) before fitting the grommet into the panel.

The wiring loom is chased into place, relay box mounted with earth terminal and the light switch block connector gets a new signal wire.
Down below the lamps (which are sided) screw into the bumper with the covers removedand bulbs quarter turn into the back of them.
Rather than get the new covers painted I just cut the round blanks out of my existing covers using a stanley knife.
This did the job just fine and the results are pretty pleasing to the eye.

All done, a road test the following day (yer doesn't take long for the fog to roll in) showed do help in lighting up the peripheries of the road which is what they are there for.
Fitting was very simple with good instructions and quality parts.
More importantly they look smart and really bring the van up a touch from being just another low spec van.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Rails

button podging

Not so remote central locking